Mechanical Help

Go down

Mechanical Help

Post by MitchDavis on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:19 pm

If you are in need of any mechanical help or just have a question, post a topic here and one of our members may be able to help you.

Simply click *New Topic* and write your blurb in there.
MitchDavis
Developer
Developer

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUTEDbk1Sl_sJklFQE0UdXA

Back to top Go down

help us to help you

Post by ScrapyardGuitar on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:28 am

Include as much information as you can: Make, model, year, nature of fault, what you think may have caused the fault (example: dropped the bike, or was doing some maintenance and this happened), what you have done so far to rectify the problem (no point having people suggest things you have already done). Be honest, if you shorted out the electrics while working on the bike, or accidentally dropped a nut down the plug hole then tell us, someone might take the piss but most have already done the same thing and will offer helpful suggestions. In short, the more information that you can give the better but keep it precise don't write a book because your indicators don't work.
ScrapyardGuitar
Premium Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mechanical Help

Post by TheMadRatter on Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:25 pm

@ScrapyardGuitar wrote:Include as much information as you can: Make, model, year, nature of fault, what you think may have caused the fault (example: dropped the bike, or was doing some maintenance and this happened), what you have done so far to rectify the problem (no point having people suggest things you have already done). Be honest, if you shorted out the electrics while working on the bike, or accidentally dropped a nut down the plug hole then tell us, someone might take the piss but most have already done the same thing and will offer helpful suggestions. In short, the more information that you can give the better but keep it precise don't write a book because your indicators don't work.

This is exactly right - people get annoyed with me on posts on FB because I come in well after everyone else then actually ask questions about the problem and give proper advise based on that (not here's what it could be - I used to do that but the list is invariably oo long and far to much to work through Razz )

I'll be about if people need owt - I reckon Ill probably spend most of me time sat in this bit of the forum...
TheMadRatter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MitchDavis on Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:41 pm

I can see this section being very popular in time!!
MitchDavis
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMadRatter on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:21 pm

I reckon you'll end up needing sub-forums and mods solely for 2 stroke, 4 stroke, electrickery, custom fabbing, spraying, restoring, and rat Razz
TheMadRatter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Major on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:56 pm

I think so, but it would be good to get some members first and sort the Sh*t out as they want. We also need bike chat and separate All bullshit chat Very Happy.
Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMadRatter on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:39 pm

Tom Major wrote:I think so, but it would be good to get some members first and sort the Sh*t out as they want. We also need bike chat and separate All bullshit chat Very Happy.

Deffo need a "Bullshit Board" to talk about everything non bikes Razz
TheMadRatter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MitchDavis on Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:24 pm

Pfft, do you boys not read the rules. That what the lounge is. Now go there and talk about tits!
MitchDavis
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper on Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:07 am

Thanks Mitch, I was gonna say, My Lounge IS the bullshit board lol Cool Laughing lol!

Treat every ride like it's your last, and don't forget...
...Fat bikers bounce better
Reaper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum